Benefits of Membership
• Referral group
• CLE credit
• Free admission to Networking Events
• General Meetings – attendance in person or via conference call
• Updates on relevant legal issues that affect our community
Types of Membership
• Regular – Any person who has graduated from an ABA accredited law school or licensed to practice law in the United States of America or it territories and whose membership application has been accepted and whose membership remains in good standing.
• Lifetime – A Lifetime member shall be any member of the Association who has met specific requirements as set forth by the Board of Directors for Lifetime Members. Lifetime Members shall enjoy any rights, privileges and/or benefits granted to them by the Board. They shall be recognized in such manner as the Board may decide. The Secretary of the Association shall maintain a roster of Regular Members and Lifetime Members.• Board of Trustees – Any member of HLA who pays an annual fee of $500 in exchange for certain rights, privileges and/or benefits granted to them by the Board of Directors.
• Honorary – An Honorary Member shall be any person chosen by the Board for outstanding service to the Association. They shall pay no dues, shall not hold office and shall have no vote in the affairs of the Association. Only non-lawyers shall be eligible for Honorary Membership.
• Associate – An Associate member shall be any person who is currently enrolled in an U.S. law school or who has graduated from an ABA accredited law school. An individual licensed to practice law in the Republic of Haiti shall also be eligible for Associate Membership. Associate members shall not be entitled to hold office and shall not participate in the election of officers of the Association. In addition, non-attorney individuals are eligible for associate membership.